This specialist software company witha range of automated product used for data matching and reconciliation of company transactions have established an enviable base of corporate clients throughout the UK.
Due to recent expansion in company business they are now looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer with a good understanding of accounting processes to work mainly on a home-basis.
You will preferably be a graduate with 2-4 years software test experience including familiarity with automated testing & scripting. You will also have a good understanding of SQL Server and knowledge of Postgres and Oracle would prove very useful but is not essential.
The company utilises SIKULI for automated testing but other testing tools would be fine. The companies products are mainly written in C++ and .NET with some Visual Basic.
Working from home the company would expect you to be self-motivated and a strong communicator as you will be in regular contact with the software development team. You will also spend one day a week manning a support help-desk so good communication skills are essential
You will benefit from excellent support and training.
Competitive salary – c. £30-35k
You will preferably be located in the Reading / West Berkshire area but for the right candidate our client can be quite flexible on location.
For further details contact us now!
This award-winning building and energy management company, has experience of specialising in the design, engineering, installation and commissioning of integrated solutions for over twenty years.
Their advanced solutions result in optimising the performance of building controls, associated plant and services thereby creating sustainable energy and operational cost savings and reducing the carbon footprint for a range of customers in Retail, Hotel and Leisure, Healthcare, Education and Government sectors.
The Position/ SKills
They are now seeking a Buildings Management Systems (BEMS) Service and Commissioning Engineer to join their Support Engineering team working on customer sites and running small projects without supervision. You should have extensive experience of working on TREND. Tridium experience would prove very useful.
If you are looking to advance your career and have a good track record in the controls industry apply now!
Competitive salary, company car and pension scheme plus other benefits.
Our client is a leading supplier of technology, systems and services, predominantly to the newspaper, book and magazine publishing sectors, as well as solutions to the legal market and to TV and Radio broadcasters. They are now seeking a Applications Specialist
Roles and Responsibilities
• To install, configure and maintain Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, InDesign CC Server application technologies and others that may be used in the future.
• To create java based API applications that integrate to third party systems such as payment gateways.
• To maintain and enhance front end web sites with the use of HTML and CSS technologies
• To ensure all items are logged correctly through the Service Desk following the set guidelines and to ensure customers have relevant and concise feedback when working on their requests.
• To carry out fault diagnosis remotely, rectifying faults and where required arranging additional courses of action such as referral to senior staff.
• To attend customer sites, if required, to assist in pre-sales meeting or upgrade services.
• To be pro-active in suggesting new developments, workflows, uses, and cost advantages of systems wherever possible.
• Java SE programmer or equivalent certification
• 5 GCSE’s and/or NVQ’s and/or relevant experience
• Must have a valid driving licence
General Experience required
• The ability to install and support JBOSS, Apache and Tomcat in a multi operating system environment.
• Intermediate Windows 2008 / 2012 and Linux server administration. Intermediate networking knowledge e.g. Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP
• An appreciation and working knowledge of Adobe In-design server
Current Company Benefits
• 30 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days after 5 years, and 38 days after 10 years
• Private Medical Plan after one year
• Life Assurance
• Company Pension Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice arrangements where available
• Free office-based car parking.
Our client forms part of a multi-national organisation specialises in supplying advanced coin and bank note handling equipment. They are now seeking an experienced electro/mechanical Maintenance Engineer prepared to travel to customer sites throughout the South East of England. You should have good experience of coin / bank note, or similar equipment like Printers, Gaming machines, ATM’s.
•Attend Customer premises and repair and service equipment to highest standards. Preventative maintenance.
•Liaise with Service Manager (or Service Administrator in his /her absence) regarding calls that require additional intervention prior to successful conclusion.
•Maintain site stock and appropriate Documentation
•High standard of electro/mechanical and testing skills
•Engineering related qualifications up to degree level.
•Knowledge of coin/ note-handling products or similar
•Provide timely and accurate diagnostic report for the customer/Technical team
•Attend, evaluate and repair customer’s equipment on-site.
This requires flexibility as an allowance is paid for “constant mobility. This means you will be covering for engineers in locations around the South East. They also work shifts so flexibility is required here.
•Basic salary is £25,000 plus a guaranteed 17.5% as a constant mobility allowance. Total salary is £29,375.
•When night shift is worked, an additional 15.5% can be claimed in addition
•Company Pension Scheme (non-contributory)
•Company Car -Ford Focus
•25 Days annual leave per year
•Company Sick Pay Scheme
Innovators in their specialist field utilizing high speed manufacturing methods and advanced state-of-the-art machinery. They now have four plants employing the latest technology and serving nearly three thousand clients from individuals to multinationals
They are now seeking Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers on a shift basis for their manufacturing operation in Camberley.
Experience & Knowledge
•ONC/OND or HNC in a relevant engineering subject (or equivalent) or apprenticeship
•Competent in a high speed manufacturing environment Technical product knowledge
•Mechanical / electrical / electronic skills. Knowledge of PLCs.
•Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
Responsible for the support and maintenance of High speed manufacturing equipment during the hours on site.
•Preventive maintenance – Following a standardised routine of preventative maintenance in accordance with agreed maintenance procedures
•Maintain site stock – Ensuring the site stock is replenished and where possible in fit condition for when required
•Maintain documentation – Completing any documentation necessary or as requested
Benefits: Competitive salary ,plus pension scheme.