Publishing Applications Support
Salary:£40,000 + Benefits
Career level:Mid Range to Senior
Our client is a leading supplier of technology, systems and services, predominantly to the newspaper, book and magazine publishing sectors, as well as solutions to the legal market and to TV and Radio broadcasters. They are now seeking a Applications Specialist
Roles and Responsibilities
• To install, configure and maintain Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, InDesign CC Server application technologies and others that may be used in the future.
• To create java based API applications that integrate to third party systems such as payment gateways.
• To maintain and enhance front end web sites with the use of HTML and CSS technologies
• To ensure all items are logged correctly through the Service Desk following the set guidelines and to ensure customers have relevant and concise feedback when working on their requests.
• To carry out fault diagnosis remotely, rectifying faults and where required arranging additional courses of action such as referral to senior staff.
• To attend customer sites, if required, to assist in pre-sales meeting or upgrade services.
• To be pro-active in suggesting new developments, workflows, uses, and cost advantages of systems wherever possible.
• Java SE programmer or equivalent certification
• 5 GCSE’s and/or NVQ’s and/or relevant experience
• Must have a valid driving licence
General Experience required
• The ability to install and support JBOSS, Apache and Tomcat in a multi operating system environment.
• Intermediate Windows 2008 / 2012 and Linux server administration. Intermediate networking knowledge e.g. Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP
• An appreciation and working knowledge of Adobe In-design server
Current Company Benefits
• 30 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days after 5 years, and 38 days after 10 years
• Private Medical Plan after one year
• Life Assurance
• Company Pension Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice arrangements where available
• Free office-based car parking.